Director of Business Development
Why Lifesum is your next career move
Hi, this is us!
Lifesum is the world’s leading nutrition platform. We help over 55M users around the world improve their lives through healthier eating. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re a global team of passionate entrepreneurial individuals, working together to build something that truly matters.
We want you to share our excitement about the future
Today the global wellness market is valued at $1.5 trillion, and a third of consumers are expected to increase their usage of nutrition apps, diet programs, and subscription food services this year.
Lifesum’s Business Development team is an international group working out of the US, UK, and Sweden. The team partners with many of the biggest and best companies in the world to support our growth plan and drive long-term business value for Lifesum.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Director of Business Development (DBD) is a key position that acts as the bridge between the business and the global markets we serve. As such the new DBD will have a pivotal impact on the development of our strategy and evolution toward the leading global platform for Healthy Eating, Simplified.
You can learn a bit more about what our CEO says about Lifesum, read more on our website, and on our Linkedin page.
What you will be working on at Lifesum
- Steer the company’s market-facing activities to increase user engagement and drive long-term business revenue
- Identify new partner opportunities to expand business presence in key markets
- Demonstrate expert understanding of the Lifesum product and customer, as well as the nutrition and wellbeing industry as a whole
- Deliver compelling presentations to a wide variety of audiences including internal stakeholders and external prospects, partners, and customers
- Develop relationships with existing partners to bring new business opportunities to the organization
- Collaborate internally with our product, technology, and finance teams to create standardized processes and best practices for external partner work
- Represent the company at conferences and events focused on the health and well-being industry
- Track emerging trends that can lead to new product and service opportunities
- Create sales proposals and plans for our enterprise service Lifesum for Work, which has seen year-on-year growth of over 300%
- Ensure enterprise customers are set up to be a success from a commercial perspective, while constantly iterating to improve on results
- Provide analysis and insight to current customers to encourage additional investment in Lifesum
- Formulate and implement account management plans to ensure future commercial goals are met
- Provide outstanding levels of customer service, through building and maintaining long-term relationships to ensure repeat business
Your experience will be a valuable asset
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a business development or commercial role
- Successful track record in a fast-moving high growth business (nutrition/healthcare experience a plus)
- Expertise in identifying and closing partnerships with global blue chip companies
- World-class relationship skills supporting evidence of strong partner development activities
- Sales & business development experience including lead generation, forecasting, and pipeline management
- Numerate and data literate with experience using tools like Google sheets, Looker and Tableau to develop go to market strategy
- Confident with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to negotiate complex contracts, including legal and commercial elements in key global markets
- Passionate about food and the health improvements that better nutritional habits can deliver
- Well-versed in Google, O365, Keynote, etc for communication and reporting
- Based in Stockholm, Sweden, or with the ability to relocate as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, with excellent presentation and writing skills in English; Swedish and/or German also a plus
- Trust and responsibility in a fast-paced environment
- Opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects with many of the most successful companies in the world
- Space and support to develop and grow your own career
- 30 paid vacation days per year
- Parental pay
- Private health and medical insurance
- Individual training and development budget
- Referral bonus
- Wellness allowance
- Flexible work
- Great team activities
We are just getting started
At Lifesum we also not only embrace diversity, but we rely on it to succeed. That’s why we work hard to ensure our team, vendors, and partners are representative of the millions of users we serve.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you and get to know you. Send us your resume right away; tell us why you are interested and why Lifesum feels like your next career move. Everyone is welcome; we look forward to your application!
- Business Development
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
We work as one team
We are team players who collaborate, take responsibility, and want to push forward, change and evolve. We work dedicated to our mission, and curious about what we don't know.
Lifesum is one of the fastest-growing global digital health companies. Our product aims to simplify the path to long-term healthy eating, and our technology motivates users to live a more balanced lifestyle with personalized plans for better and healthier eating. Life is the sum of everything you do.
Director of Business Development
Loading application form
Already working at Lifesum?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.